Bread – 6-8 slices (I used white sweet bread)
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Almonds – 8
Cashew nuts – 10
Elaichi (cardamom) Powder – 1 tsp
- Cut the Bread Slices into small pieces.Head the kadai and roast the bread pieces in ghee till it becomes golden brown.
- Add milk to the roasted bread and cook it on a low flame. Add Sugar and mash it while it cooks so that it becomes soft.
- Grind Almond and Cashew nuts first to a powder and add little water to make it as a paste.
- Add the paste and the elaichi powder to the cooked bread and add some more ghee. Keep mixing it well till oil oozes out.
- If you want you can fry few cashew and badam in ghee and add to the halwa.
- Bread Halwa is ready to serve !