- Dry white peas (Pattani) – 3 cups
- Green gram sprouts – 2 cups
- Tomatoes big size – 3
- Potato – 1 cut into small cubes
- Ginger – one small piece
- Green chillies – 3
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fennal seed (Sombu) – 1 teaspoon
- Poppy seed – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Oil/ghee – 4-5 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Soak peas (pattani) in water for about 8 to 10 hours or over night.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Grind Ginger, Green chillies, Fennel seeds, Poppy seeds and one tomato into a fine paste.
- In a pressure cooker add oil. In the oil fry add curry leaves, cumin seeds, mustard and asafoetida for a few minutes. Then add the tomato pieces and fry for a few more minutes. Once the tomatoes becomes mushy add Potatoes, the masala paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and saute for a few more minutes.
- Now add the soaked beans, green gram sprouts along with 6 to 7 cups of water. Add salt and close the lid and cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Take one or two tablespoon of cooked peas and grind it with little water to a paste and add it back to the cooker.
- If you need, you can add little more water. Allow to boil for few minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- The Dry White Peas & Green Gram sprouts Masala is now ready.