4 cups of Mix Veggies ( I used Cauliflower, Double beans (also known as Hyacinth beans, and Potatoes) – we can use Brinjals, sweet potatoes, green peas as well.
5-6 Tomatoes finely chopped
1 tsp Mustard
½ tsp ajwain/carom seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1 tsp white sesame seeds/safed til
1/2 tsp asafoetida/hing
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tbsp of Ghee
4 to 5 tbsp oil
For making Green Masala:
1 cup tightly packed grated coconut
3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves or 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1 to 1.5 inch ginger
3 to 4 green chilies
2 tsp of Fennel seeds
2 tsp of Poppy Seeds
- First grind all the items given under “For making Green Masala” – add 1/2 cup water while grinding to make it into a smooth paste
- In a pressure cooker, add Ghee/Oil, curry leaves, Mustard, cumin, carom, sesame seeds and hing and saute for a few minutes
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and saute till they become mushy;
- Now add the Veggies, haldi powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and saute for a few minutes
- Now add the Green masala paste and saute for a few more minutes
- Now add salt to taste and 3 cups of water and cook in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Gujarathi style Mix Veg Subzi is now ready !!